Vinyl is the most trending form of resilient flooring due to it's low-maintenance, water-resistant, cost-effective, and long-lasting. It also has the fantastic stability of firmness and "give," indicating it springs a bit when you step on it for extremely comfortable feel underfoot. Today's vinyl comes in an extensive range of high-quality; elegant finishes, all thanks to modern technological advancements.
We have prepared key vinyl flooring Vancouver pros and cons, from installation and removal; so, you can make the right decision for your home.
The Pros of Vinyl Flooring
- One of the most outstanding advantages of vinyl plank flooring is the fact that it is 100% water-resistant. It means surface water and spills won't impact the flooring. It makes it the ideal flooring solution for spaces such as basements, kitchens, bathrooms, restaurants, and cafes. It is an excellent option for those with pets that worry about accidents.
- Also, vinyl plank flooring is very durable with commercial grade wear layers that can withstand heavy traffic. Larger commercial spaces can benefit from glue down vinyl installation.
- Vinyl is extremely durable and easy to manage. Frequent sweeping and weekly mopping is all you necessitate to keep your floors looking fabulous.
- Vinyl flooring can be placed on almost any subfloor, with the thicker floors being forgiving to imperfect subfloors. Luxury vinyl plank flooring has a DIY installation with a click lock, glue down or loose lay installation method.
- The affordability, durability, and appearance make vinyl plank flooring a great option for busy spaces without the price tag of real wood or tile.
The Cons of Vinyl Flooring
- When you wish to glue down your vinyl plank flooring, the extraction process is very stressful. When you are placing vinyl as a temporary solution, you should avoid glue to make the removal as easy as possible. When you have a large, open space, glue down vinyl will be the best for your project.
- Vinyl plank is a softer material than most laminates, hardwoods, and tiles. Vinyl flooring can be punctured easily with sharp objects, like a kitchen knife or sliding a metal leg chair on top of the vinyl. Pieces of vinyl without a rigid core can show symbols of denting with heavy stuff on top.
- A vinyl plank flooring also has various topcoat than a laminate. This topcoat is not UV resistant and can show signs of fading or discoloration over time.
- Vinyl plank flooring is non-biodegradable and very difficult to recycle. Some methods can recycle your vinyl flooring, but they are not easy to find.
If you are looking to upgrade your flooring, then Vinyl flooring advantages and disadvantages can help you choose the best option. Sienna Renovation is the leading renovation company based in Vancouver, offering flooring services, kitchen, and bathroom services. Our flooring Vancouver services include hardwood flooring and kitchen and tiles flooring.
For more information, please visit www.siennarenovation.ca.